Alaska Police Standards Council
To produce and maintain a highly trained and positively motivated professional, capable of meeting contemporary law enforcement standards of performance.
- In cases of misconduct by a certified police officer, make a determination whether certification should be revoked.
- Monitor compliance with current regulations and legislation.
- Develop, monitor, and revise law enforcement training.
- Assist academies and departments with funding for academy training.
- Fund specialized and advanced training for departments.
- Determine certification eligibility for all police, probation, and correctional officers and issue appropriate level of certificate.
- Provide pre-employment polygraph and psychological testing for smaller agencies across the state of Alaska.