Alaska Police Standards Council
To produce and maintain a highly trained and positively motivated professional, capable of meeting contemporary law enforcement standards of performance.
- In cases of misconduct by a certified police officer, make a determination whether certification should be revoked.
- Monitor compliance with current regulations and legislation.
- Develop, monitor, and revise law enforcement training.
- Assist academies and departments with funding for academy training.
- Fund specialized and advanced training for departments.
- Determine certification eligibility for all police, probation, and correctional officers and issue appropriate level of certificate.
- Provide pre-employment polygraph and psychological testing for smaller agencies across the state of Alaska.
The Alaska Police Standards Council will hold its 120th General Meeting at 10:00 am on Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at the Dimond Center Hotel, located at 700 W. Dimond Blvd, in Anchorage. The agenda will include the director's report, status of misconduct investigations, and other administrative matters.
Individuals or groups with disabilities who require specific accommodations or alternative communication formats in order to participate, should contact the Alaska Police Standards Council office at 907-465-4378 by close of business on Tuesday, November24, 2015 in order to allow time for staff to make the necessary arrangements.