Trooper Laterals Complete Training
Five more troopers patrolling Alaska
February 8, 2019 (ANCHORAGE, Alaska)
– Today five new laterally hired troopers completed their six week lateral training in Anchorage. Following a brief graduation ceremony at DPS headquarters in Anchorage, they are headed to their duty stations to start their field training, which lasts about two months. One will be stationed in Soldotna as an Alaska Wildlife Trooper, two will be stationed at the Fairbanks Alaska State Troopers Post, and the other two will work in Kodiak and Palmer as Alaska State Troopers.
· Trooper Steve Cantine, Soldotna AWT
· Trooper Derek Cottle, Fairbanks AST
· Trooper Nick Sailer, Fairbanks AST
· Trooper Derek Beaver, Kodiak AST
· Trooper Eyzik Sporleder, Palmer AST
Please join us in wishing them well as they join our ranks and serve the people of Alaska.
Lateral applicants do NOT need to take our initial written test, and can apply right away. Most will be required to attend ALET in Sitka, but those who have already attended ALET, or who have training from other state para-military academies may be exempt from attending ALET. For more info on our lateral hire program check out: https://dps.alaska.gov/AST/Recruit/Lateral