AST > Crime Report

Submit A Crime Report Online

Welcome to the Alaska Department of Public Safety Citizens Online Crime Reporting System. If this is an Emergency, please stop and call 911. Using this online citizen crime report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report.

Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:

  • This is not an emergency?
  • This is not an active, in-progress crime?
  • This is not a vehicle theft?
  • This is not the theft of a firearm, medication, or drugs?
  • This incident occurred within the Alaska Department of Public Safety’s (Alaska State Troopers) jurisdiction?
  • The suspect is unknown?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.

Upon completion of this report process you will:

  • See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing the report is complete.
  • Receive the police report case number.
  • Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.

Please Note:

  • All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
  • Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
  • If filing a supplemental report, start the process for filing a new report, when you arrive at the Incident Type page (three screens into the process) under the Additional Information section, select you are filing a supplemental report and add the incident or reference number for the original report.
  • Filing a false police report (online or in person) is a crime. A person who files a false police report commits the crime of Unsworn Falsification in the Second Degree, AS11.56.210, which is a class A misdemeanor.


Alaskans can utilize the Online Reporting System to report the following incidents: :

Burglary, Trespassing, Fraud, Property Damage, Shoplifting, Telephonic Harassment and Theft.” Additionally, supplement information on a previously-reported incident can also be reported through the Online Reporting System.”

Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on "Start Report" to begin.

Please note that thefts involving firearms, medicine/ drugs, or vehicles cannot be reported online and need to be reported to the Alaska State Troopers in person or through your regional dispatch center listed below. 

If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Alaska Department of Public Safety (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency: 907-262-4453 for the Kenai Peninsula, 907-352-5401 for the Mat-su Borough and Copper River Basin, or 907-451-5100 for all other areas covered by the Alaska State Troopers outside of the Kenai Peninsula, Mat-Su Borough, and Copper River Basin) to file your report.


Video Tutorial on Submitting an Online Crime Report

Submit Anonymous Crime Tips
If you would like to submit an anonymous crime or drug tip to the Alaska State Troopers, please click the button below.
Reporting Vehicle Collisions

Non-emergency vehicle collisions can be reported after the fact by clicking on the button below. 

Contact DPS

Find non-emergency contact information for the Alaska State Troopers, Alaska Wildlife Troopers, and Alaska Department of Public Safety below.