Fourth-of-July Holiday Enforcement Results Are In
Troopers Cited 288 Drivers In 5 Day Special Enforcement Effort
July 8, 2022 (Statewide) –
The Annual National Anti-DUI campaign Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over High Visibility Enforcement Effort statistics are in. Additional Troopers were patrolling Alaska’s roadways from July 1 through July 6. During that time, Alaska State Troopers and Alaska Wildlife Troopers had the following contacts:
- 3 misdemeanor DUI arrests, 0 felony DUI Arrests.
- 7 drivers charged with driving with a suspended or revoked license.
- 8 REDDIs reported with 5 drivers contacted and ultimately determined not to be DUI.
- 19 damage only collisions, 4 injury collisions, and 0 fatal collision were investigated by troopers.
- Of the 288 citations issued, 206 were issued for speeding and 4 issued for seatbelt or other occupant restraint violations.
Funding for this increased traffic enforcement effort came from a grant issued through the Alaska Highway Safety Office.
PDF Version of Release