Special Memorial Day Traffic Enforcement Complete
Troopers Cited over 1,000 Drivers Over multi-week Memorial Day Click It or Ticket Enforcement Effort
June 10, 2022 (Anchorage, AK) –
Over the multi-week special enforcement period coinciding with the Memorial Day holiday weekend, the Alaska State Troopers and Wildlife Troopers issued 1149 citations and investigated 91 collisions, including two fatalities across Alaska’s roadways.
The focused traffic enforcement patrols ran on May 16 through June 6, 2022.
Alaska State Trooper and Wildlife Trooper contacts during the enforcement period include the following:
- 21 misdemeanor DUI arrests, 2 felony DUI Arrests
- 29 drivers charged with driving with a suspended or revoked license.
- 30 REDDIs reported with 19 drivers contacted and ultimately determined not to be DUI
- 69 damage only crashes 20 injury crashes and 2 fatal collisions were investigated by troopers
- Of the 1149 citations issued, 709 were issued for speeding and 98 issued for seatbelt or other occupant restraint violations.
Funding for this increased traffic enforcement effort came from a grant issued through the Alaska Highway Safety Office.