The Alaska Department of Public Safety is dedicated to helping survivors of sexual assault. If you or someone you know needs help, support is available through the resources listed below. If you are in immediate danger, call 911.
If you are a survivor
of sexual assault or sexual abuse and have questions about:
- Your options or resources, please visit our resource page for survivors;
- Your criminal investigation, please contact the investigating agency. Contacts for local Alaska State Trooper posts can be found at https://dps.alaska.gov/AST/Contacts. A list of links to local police departments in Alaska can be found at https://dps.alaska.gov/APSC/Agencies.
- Unfortunately, testing status of a specific sexual assault kit cannot be shared by the Crime Lab with anyone outside of the submitting police agency or Department of Law. The officer assigned to your case can contact the lab at any time for a status update and that information can be shared with you.
If you are a criminal justice professional
or member of a multidisciplinary team
- You are encouraged to explore this site for resources and data updates.
- For additional technical assistance regarding untested sexual assault kits, please contact us at: email@example.com