Alaska Police Standards Council
Celebrating 50 years of service, 1972 - 2022
To produce and maintain a highly trained and positively motivated professional, capable of meeting contemporary law enforcement standards of performance.
A - Accountability
P - Professionalism
S - Service
C - Character
- Determine certification eligibility for all police, probation/parole, and correctional officers and issue appropriate level of certificate to qualified officers.
- In cases of misconduct by a certified officer, make a determination whether certification should be revoked.
- Monitor compliance with current regulations and legislation.
- Develop, monitor, and revise law enforcement training and training requirements.
- Assist academies and departments with funding for academy training.
- Fund specialized and advanced training for departments.
- Provide smaller agencies across Alaska with assistance in obtaining pre-employment polygraph and psychological testing for officers.