Alaska Police Standards Council
We continue to serve Alaska's public safety community in spite of closing our offices to the public.
Please see the "Contact Us" link for important information about working with APSC during this crisis.
To produce and maintain a highly trained and positively motivated professional, capable of meeting contemporary law enforcement standards of performance.
- Determine certification eligibility for all police, probation/parole, and correctional officers and issue appropriate level of certificate to qualified officers.
- In cases of misconduct by a certified officer, make a determination whether certification should be revoked.
- Monitor compliance with current regulations and legislation.
- Develop, monitor, and revise law enforcement training and training requirements.
- Assist academies and departments with funding for academy training.
- Fund specialized and advanced training for departments.
- Provide smaller agencies across Alaska with assistance in obtaining pre-employment polygraph and psychological testing for officers.