In 1973, members of the Chugach Natives Incorporated (CNI) Board of Directors met and decided to form a non-profit corporation to advance the overall economic, social and cultural development of the people of the Chugach Region.
In 1974, the North Pacific Rim Native Corporation was incorporated as a not-for-profit to serve the Natives of the communities of Chenega Bay, Cordova, English Bay, Port Graham, Seward, Tatitlek, and Valdez. The first Board of Directors consisted of Chairman Pro-Tem Cecil Barnes, Walter Meganack, Sr., Lydia Robart, Roy Roehl, Seraphim Ukatish, Vincent Kvasnikoff, Ed Haltness, Betty Ditman, John Borodkin, Jim Foode, Dan Wheeler, and George Allen. The initial Executive Director, Archie Gottschalk, began in 1974.
Leonard Wallner, VPSO Coordinator
1840 E. Bragaw Street, Suite 110
Anchorage, AK 99508
Phone (907) 334-0104
Fax (907) 563-2891
Email : email@example.com
5700 East Tudor Road
Anchorage, AK 99507
Phone: (907) 269-5511