Shelter/Advocacy Services for Victims of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
Shelter programs throughout the State can help youth who are victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Contact your local shelter for more information on individual program services in your area. Your local program can direct you to the State and local services that are right for you.
NEED SOMEONE NOW? 24-HOUR TEXT/CHAT
Covenant House Alaska
On the street? Need help? Call 907-272-1255, or come to Covenant House Alaska.
755 A Street, Anchorage, AK 99501
Volunteers of America – Alaska
- Adolescent Drug and Alcohol Treatment Services
- ASSIST: Outpatient substance use and mental health treatment services for ages 13-24.
- ARCH: Residential substance use and mental health treatment services for ages 13-19.
- School-based substance use and mental health treatment services for ages 11-19 (middle and high school)
- Permanent supportive housing for homeless youth ages 18-24.
- Affordable housing for families and seniors in Anchorage, Eagle River, and Juneau.
- Prevention and public health programming focused on substance misuse prevention and overall wellness including
- Community coalition leadership
- Kinship care services
- Education and advocacy initiatives
Go to www.voaak.org
for more information or contact (907) 279-9640. VOA INFORMATION 1-PAGER
MY House is a non-traditional non-profit founded in 2010 that owns two for profit businesses that train and employ homeless youth age 14-24, while offering wrap around Case Management services and transitional housing for a hand-up and not hand-out opportunities. Nine Star Youth Services has a staff member on-site and provides internships, help with job applications and resumes and high school completion/GED. CITC also has a staff member on-site offering Peer Support for our clients in recovery. The MY House model offers a permanent and preventive solution to homelessness for youth and young adults!
300 North Willow Street
Wasilla, Ak 99654. 907-373-4357.
The mission of iknowmine is to provide truthful and accurate information that youth can trust in order for them to be in control of their own health. iknowmine is a program run by the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium to help support Alaska Native youth and Alaskan youth to live healthy lives. Take a look around, we have coverd topics such as STDs, pregnancy, nutrition, Am I Gay?, dating violence, and much more. You can ask confidential questions about sex, health, and more.
Office of Children's Services
Child abuse and neglect of children and youth are not tolerated in Alaska and help is available. If you are a victim of abuse or if you know a child or youth that is being abused, call the Office of Children’s Services. There is help available
Click here for more information about what abuse is.
Click here for more information about services provided.
Alaska Children's Advocacy Centers
Accredited CAC's Non-accredited CAC's
MAT-SU - WASILLA KOTZEBUE
The Children’s Place Maniilaq Child Advocacy Center
NOME/BERING STRAIT ST. PAUL ISLAND
Kawerak Child Advocacy Center Information coming soon
For more information on Child Advocacy Centers follow the link below: